Re: silly face function names

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: silly face function names
Date: 20 Dec 2002 19:08:23 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> The names are badly chosen (having both 'set-' and '-p' is confusing),
> but if you read the names like this, it does make sense:
>
>         set-face - FOO-p
>
> I would argue that 'set-' takes precedence over '-p' here...

I'd argue that you're wrong -- `FOO-p' is not a thing which you can set.
Faces have an `inverse-video' property, and `face-inverse-video-p' is
merely the name of the predicate which tests that property.

Having bogus function names around in emacs-proper just serves to
confuse people and cause the _next_ generation of bogus function names.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?