Mac OS X Popup & Hierarchical Menu Patch

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Mac OS X Popup & Hierarchical Menu Patch
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:17:17 -0800

I just checked a change in that changes the way menus work on the carbon port of OSX.

There's an outstanding support request #101602 to fix the "broken" popup menus on Mac OS X (Carbon). The current release does not have hierarchical menus in the popups; instead modeling them using an "indentation scheme". There were a lot of off by one errors, and I couldn't figure out a good way to fix it because the menu item counting scheme would be radically different if the popup menu has a hierarchical menu or not. I decided to fix it by creating real hierarchical menus; this also extends to the main menu bar. This should standardize the behavior of menu items to those of the other window systems, and it seems to work. I would invite other people to check the code and test it out.

Thanks,
-Steven