Re: Texinfo doc for GDB-UI

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Texinfo doc for GDB-UI
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:43:45 +0000 (UTC)

   Here is my attempt at writing something for gdb-ui.el for the emacs manual.
   Any comments ?

In smallbook format, the @verb section produces overfull \hboxes,
since the lines are too wide.  Also, the offset vertical bars remain
visibly offset.

For an example of an Emacs screenshot as complex as this, you might
follow the @image route.  You already have a .txt file for Info; the
GIMP can produce a screen shot in PostScript, PNG, or HTML format for
other output formats.  As a minimum, the doc has to look good when
typeset for printing and on a Web page as well as in Info.

Also, you will need alternative text for people who listen to the
document using Emacspeak.  (Think of someone driving a car as
`situationally blind', as well as the permanently blind.  With Eflite,
you can now run Emacspeak using only free software.  You have no need
for proprietary software packages that its vendor no longer supports
or for expensive hardware cards.)

A side effect of creating a document that listens well is that it is
also likely to work well for sighted people.

I have not had time (nor will I) to read or listen to the
contents... :-(

Minor typo

   + It isalso possible to dive into structures..
should be

   + It is also possible to dive into structures.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden