Re: Change in backup-buffer: how to interpret?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Change in backup-buffer: how to interpret?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:58:16 +0100

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> So is it a bug in the current code (which should deal with a nil
> return value of file-modes), or is it a bug in Ange-FTP (which
> returns nil)?

I think it would be a good idea to augment the documentation for
filename handlers.  Each operation should say what a filename handler
should do when it doesn't know.

Eg, I think that file-attributes is supposed to return -1 as a
don't-know value for uid and gid, and (0 0) as a don't-know value for
access, modification, and status change time.  But maybe I'm wrong --
that's even more of a reason for documentation ;-)
--
Ambibibentists unite!