Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Phillip Garland
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:33:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've compiled and ran version 3 of your GTK+ patch on a PPC GNU/Linux system
with GTK+ 2.0.9.

There is one behavior that I find annoying and confusing. If I click on a menu,
then move the mouse pointer to another menu, sometimes the menu name that I
have moved to will become "highlighted", but the menu itself does not pop down.
If I move the mouse again, hit a key, or click and hold a mouse button, the
menu then does pop down.

This behavior does not happen everytime I move between two menus with the
mouse- sometimes when I move the mouse pointer to another menu, the menu seems
to pop down immediately. As a user, I find this inconsistent and confusing
because I feel unsure if popping the menu down requires 1 or 2 actions from me.

I tried a couple other GTK+ applications, but no others seemed to have this
behavior.

~Phillip