GTK question (was Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1)

From: William M. Perry
Subject: GTK question (was Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 10:43:12 -0500

This talk of the file selector leads me to wonder - are you using the stock
GTK file selector?  If so, doesn't that mean that EFS and friends will no
longer be available?  Is that really desirable?

When I did the XEmacs GTK work, I got a lot of complaints about this, and
ended up implementing my own file selector in lisp that used the Emacs
primitives for file access, so EFS/ange-ftp/URL could hook into it.

Just curious!

-bp
--
Ceterum censeo vi esse delendam