Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:57:00 +0100

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

If the second, can I refer to /usr/share/gtk-doc, where the GTK
documentation is usually installed?

That isn't really a good idea.  That directory might be anywhere:
/usr/share, /usr/local/share, /usr/pkg/share, etc, and it isn't
necessarily in the same prefix as emacs (on my systems, it is in
/usr/pkg but emacs is in /usr/local).  The URL you want to refer
to is:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html

It's nigh-impossible for a naive user to navigate from
http://www.gtk.org/ to that document.  Also, i think it satisfies
Richard's suggestion (that the document may be included on a
user's system).

Okay.

It is given by the GTK documentation, is it OK to just refer to that?

I think it is better to list it here.

Won't that be a duplication of what is in that URL above?

    + @example
+ widget_class "GtkWindow.GtkVBox.GtkFixed.GtkVScrollbar" style "my_sty
le"
    + @end example

[...]

It must be one line in the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, so I would like to avoid
changing it.

No, it doesn't have to be on one line.  All whitespace is treated
equally in gtkrc files.  I just tested this in my .gtkrc-2.0.

That is good to know!  I'll split the line then.

Thanks,
        Jan D.