Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:31:53 -0500

    I agree that simply refering to a web site isn't good, but IMO it
    should be perfectly ok to refer to a specific document on the web
    (giving its complete URL.)

Whether the URL is to the precise page or the front page isn't the
issue.  Neither one is the right thing to do here.  Either way, the
reference is to a location not on the user's own machine.

We should always refer to a documentation file that is (or
could/should be) on the user's *own machine*.