Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:39:17 +0100

Luc Teirlinck wrote:
Jan D. wrote:
I think the API reference is a better starting point for documentation
   in Emacs, as the tutorial leaves out some important things, like
   base, engine, fontset, font_name, include, etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood which document you were referring to.  I agree
that manuals are better for documentation than tutorials, which tend
to be incomplete.  I do not seem to have the API reference in
/usr/share/doc, only the tutorial, which is why I assumed that was what
you were referring to.

When I installed GTK in prefix, the API documents got installed in prefix/share/gtk-doc, not prefix/share/doc. I would have looked in prefix/share/doc first also.

        Jan D.