Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:30:18 -0500

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:

> No, it is not Docbook, it uses `linuxdoc' (no idea what that is).  To
> quote the first page I found about this format:

This is not true.  Perhaps older versions used linuxdoc (gtk is
notoriously bad for leaving old documentation lying around where
people can find it), but the GNOME and GTK projects have
standardized on docbook.

>  "Linuxdoc-SGML is a text-formatting package based on SGML (Standard

Furthermore GTK and GNOME use XML, not SGML.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett