Re: Motif menu popups not working in CVS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Motif menu popups not working in CVS
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:33:34 -0500

    It is some sort of race condition here, it seems that
    popup_get_selection exits and removes the popup before Motif has
    had a chance to invoke its callback for the menu item.  Lucid
    menus work OK.

That is strange.  Where is popup_activated_flag getting cleared
in the case that fails?

    The only events that do get saved are EnterNotify, LeaveNotify,
    FocusOut, FocusIn and MotionNotify.  Losing these is no big deal, since
    the menu has the pointer and keyboard grabbed anyway.

Could you explain that reasoning?  I don't see how the conclusion
follows.  I'm sure the code was added to solve a problem.