Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:13:53 +0100

    One could replace parent_desc with the root window, but it
    seemd pointless to do a query to the X server when Emacs
    has all the information already and a simple addition finds
    the current position.

I am not sure it is always up to date.  Could you check?

I will check some more on different window managers, but so far
it has been up to date.  I studied the code and I believe it keeps
things up to date.

There is one border case.  When a dialog is up and the Emacs frame is
moved, then the positions will be wrong.  Updating the positions
on EnterNotify by calling x_real_position fixes that.

        Jan D.