Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:40:09 -0500

    I could add a call to x_real_positions.  Any correction
    would look exactly like the code in x_real_positions.

Ok, how about calling x_real_positions?

I am pretty sure that x_real_positions was really necessary in the
past, at least.

      The solution suggested is to take advantage of
    the split that the GTK patch does, so the case ConfigureNotify code
    is executed even for recursive X event loops.

Can you tell me how that split is useful here?

    Abort sounds a bit drastic, how about popping up a dialog instead?

This abort would be temporary.  Once we find out whether they are ever
different, we would either fix the code so they are never different, or
remove the abort and just call x_real_positions here.