Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: x-popup-menu pops up at funny positions
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:13:02 -0500

    > Instead of just deleting that code, can you replace it with code
    > that does the right job?

    I did that.  The additions to x/y before assigning them to dummy.root_x/y.

We are miscommunicating.  "The job" I'm talking about is to read the
current position.  I'm asking you to correct the code to read the
current position, instead of deleting it.

You're claiming that the current position is always accurate, so there
is no need to read it.  That might be true, but without being able to
prove this to ourselves informally, I don't think we should rely on it.

So how about writing code to read the current position, compare it
with the recorded position, and abort if they differ?  That way
we will find out if it isn't always right.