Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:02:07 -0500

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:02:19PM +0100, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > A while back I toyed with the idea of using face-vectors as `anonymous'
> > faces, since it's often a pain to have to name a face.
> > That way, functions in realize-face-filter-functions could still accept
> > face- vectors, avoiding the plist translation step, but also use the same
> > familiar face functions that users already know about; this seems like a
> > huge win to me...
>
> Did you try to implement this?

I actually did so a long time ago but never went further, so maybe I can dig
up the patch I made.

The problem is that the signal/mouse-face problem I ran into make it a bit
dangerous to add the face-filtering feature in general, until that's solved
somehow.

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen