Re: [HELP] (bug?) Saving a buffer without any conversion?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [HELP] (bug?) Saving a buffer without any conversion?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:27:54 -0500

    to this:

    >         :filter (lambda (proc string)
    >                   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer "temp.out")
    >                     (insert (string-as-multibyte string))))

    also produces the right result.

This would put the characters into the buffer.
Some of them would be represented with multibyte sequences.
What coding system would work then to save the file?
What coding system can we use to write out that text
converting it back to single-byte characters?

If we don't have one, perhaps we should add one.
It could be called `unibyte'.  What do you think?