emacs test suite

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: emacs test suite
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:26:08 -0500

Re: ftp site.  Now I get it. That form of testing is invaluable,
but by itself, leaves a lot to be desired.

And no, you didn't miss my link.  I was waiting to see if anyone
would respond favorably, so as not to waste time on something for
which there is no interest.

My next question would be:  What is the best way to share this
kind of contribution?  There is a bit of a bootstrapping problem
in getting it to a state where people see that it should
certainly go in the development sources.  But if it's not there,
it's not likely to grow and become that useful.

If emacs used a distributed version control system, this would
not be a problem. (for which the only GPL solution right now is
arch, btw).  Oh well.

I guess for now I will publish a tarball, and we can coordinate
via email for adding tests.

Here it is:  http://rwa.homelinux.net/emacs/emacs-test.tar.gz

Thanks,
Bob