Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:47:00 -0500

    I would bet good money that Xalan will not compile on GCJ.  It
    might require some modifications to get working.  I wanted to
    spend some time documenting the difference between GCJ and JDK 1.4
    and will do that in a month or so when I port over NewsMonster.

Is anyone interested in trying Xalan in GCJ and seeing if it does work?

We can't consider XSLT-process as a legitimate part of the free
software world if it needs JDK to run.  Fixing this ought to be the
highest priority.