Re: emacs test suite?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs test suite?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:48:28 -0500

    When I run "make check" for GNU emacs, it tells me there are no
    tests for emacs yet.

    Have there been any initiatives to develop a testing system for
    emacs?

I don't remember any.  Anyway, nobody has been looking at it recently.

Many, perhaps most, Emacs bug reports involve interactive input or
incorrect display or both.  It's hard to make test cases for such
problems.  Given this, is a testing system still useful?