Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available

From: Kevin A. Burton (burtonator)
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available
Date: 17 Jan 2003 07:18:44 -0800

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:
> > Of course part of my migration to GCJ is going to be working on the stdlib
> > so
> > that I can compile complex appls like Xalan on GCJ.
>
> Remember that GNU has the ClasspathX project which has the GNU-JAXP
> implementation. We don't yet have XSLT but I plan to write a GNU-JAXP
> wrapper (assuming GCJ) for libxslt.
<snip/>

Huh?!

You can't write a JAXP impl for XSLT because it is only for XML parsers not XSLT
engines.

You are thinking of TRaX not JAXP...

TRaX is for libxslt but I don't know if there is an impl.

It isn't a big deal.  I could write a TRaX impl in like 5 minutes.

Actually the Xalan impl has TRaX under BSD license (Free Software just not
copyleft).

This is one of the good things about the Jakarta project.  While it isn't
Copyleft it is still Free Software.

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden )
           AIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://www.peerfear.org/

. . . . . . . The Clinton administration would like the Federal government
to have the capability to read any international or domestic computer
communications. The FBI wants access to decode, digest, and discuss
financial transactions, personal e-mail, and proprietary information sent
abroad -- all in the name of national security.

. . . . This proposed policy raises obvious concerns about Americans' privacy,
in addition to tampering with the competitive advantage that our U.S. software
companies currently enjoy in the field of encryption technology. Not only would
Big Brother be looming over the shoulders of international cyber-surfers, but
the administration threatens to render our state-of-the-art computer software
engineers obsolete and unemployed.  - John (Hypocrite) Ashcroft - Circa 1990s