Re: emacs test suite?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs test suite?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:35:23 -0500

    In fact, I've made a very simple sketch of how such a thing would
    work, which verifies the cc-mode filling bug in CVS HEAD (and
    also demonstrates that it works "as expected" for 21.1.1 and 20.7.1.)

If you can find a useful subset of bugs that you can test in this way,
it seems worth pursuing.

I am concerned, though, about the time it might take to enter bugs in
the tests.  I can barely find time to fix some bugs--I certainly
cannot write tests for them too.  And I would hate to see the scarce
time of people like Kim Storm and Stefan Monnier diverted into writing
tests instead of fixing bugs and adding features.

If we can find volunteers who like writing tests, then we could build
up a set of tests.