Re: mac - crash when scrolling wheely mouse when all frames are minimize

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: mac - crash when scrolling wheely mouse when all frames are minimized
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:20:28 -0700

address@hidden (John Paul Wallington) writes:

> On Mac OS X.1.5, minimizing all frames (but ensuring that Emacs has the
> focus; the global menubar is Emacs') then scrolling the mouse wheel
> causes a crash:
>
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> 0x0013d2dc in XTread_socket (sd=0, bufp=0xbffd11c8, numchars=2407900,
> expected=-1073934024) at macterm.c:12660
> 12660                   XSETFRAME (bufp->frame_or_window, mwp->mFP);

I don't use a wheel mouse so I can't test this.  But please try adding
the following lines:

          if (!IsValidWindowPtr (window_ptr))
            {
              SysBeep (1);
              UNBLOCK_INPUT;
              return 0;
            }

in macterm.c (XTread_socket):

          case kEventClassMouse:
            if (GetEventKind (eventRef) == kEventMouseWheelMoved)
              {
                SInt32 delta;
                Point point;
                WindowPtr window_ptr = FrontNonFloatingWindow ();
                struct mac_output *mwp = (mac_output *) GetWRefCon (window_ptr);
                <=== add the code here

                GetEventParameter(eventRef, kEventParamMouseWheelDelta,
                                  typeSInt32, NULL, sizeof (SInt32),
                                  NULL, &delta);