Re: mouse cursor and iso-accents-mode

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: mouse cursor and iso-accents-mode
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:19:51 +0100

No, running with "-q" and renaming .emacs do not solve it. I also tried cleaning out my X resources with "xrdb </dev/null" and got the same result.

I hope that someone who can observe this problem will decide to
debug it and track down the actual cause.

    Start emacs as an X window and enter iso-accents-mode.  Whenever you
    type a composite character, for example `" SPC' for the `"' character,
    the mouse cursor becomes the wristwatch shape and the usual mouse
    functions cease to work.  Everything reverts to normal at the next RET
    or C-SPC or C-p or certain other actions.  Normal typing of text,
    however, does not cause the mouse to resume functioning.

This happens every time on the RC branch and 21.2, but not at all in CVS
HEAD.  I haven't found yet how to fix this in RC, but I'm looking.

        Jan D.