Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: sh-script.el and magic numbers
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:51:34 -0600 (CST)

I believe that sh-shell-file should be made into a permanent local.
The variable is always defined, but only makes a difference if the
buffer is in sh-mode, so we only have to worry about what happens
while the buffer is in sh-mode.  Suppose that for some reason we want
to put a buffer in sh-mode temporarily in another mode.  When we
switch back to sh-mode again, should that reset sh-shell-file, and
hence sh-script.el's notion of which shell we are programming for, to
its global default?  I personally do not believe so.

This question is irrelevant if there is a magic number, because that
is going to determine the value of sh-shell-file anyway, but without
magic number it is relevant.

Sincerely,

Luc.