Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:58:08 +0100

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:00:46 +0000, "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I can tell you is that there are three Emacs developers (lektu, kfstorm
> and handa) whose commits may stop sending e-mail notifications at any time,
> because they continue to use the old CVS repository, rather than the new one,
> in spite of the warnings given when they commit to the old repository.

I don't get any warning when commiting, perhaps because I never do a cvs
commit directly, but through Emacs CVS support...

> The old repository (/home/cvs/emacs or /cvs/emacs) is a symbolic link to the
> new one (/cvsroot/emacs), so the files are committed in the same place, but
> the CVSROOT files for both repositories are different and they have separate
> history files. If the two CVSROOTs ever become out of sync, CVS
> may start behaving differently for those 3 developers than for the rest.

I would be glad to set up things properly on my side, if I knew how.
Moreover, if accesing the new repository involves using ssh things can
get rough (I'm on Windows). Any information/help is welcome.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u