Re: question about narrowed behavior of next-property-change et al.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: question about narrowed behavior of next-property-change et al.
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:43:21 -0500

    It's easy enough to change Info-fontify-node to be more paranoid, but to
    me, the current behavior of `next-property-change' seems wrong in this
    case -- I think if there's no property change before (point-max), and
    the user passed LIMIT == nil, then it should return nil, regardless of
    whether (point-max) is due to narrowing or not.

    Any comments before I make such a change?

It is certainly more logical that way--the question is, what will it
break?  It would be necessary to check all the programs that use
next-property-change and make sure they are still going to work.