gratuitous changes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: gratuitous changes
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:48:16 -0500

I am responsible for a fair bit of spurious changes in that I often
remove trailing whitespace when I come across it and thus end
up comitting changes to more than the places where I've actually
modified the code.

But I still think that what happened with keyboard.c is bad:
turning every whitespace-only line into an empty line.  This is
bad because hitting TAB somewhere or calling indent-region on
a piece of code will re-introduce those spaces, so we end up
with never ending spurious conflicts.

Please be careful when you commit changes.  Those of us who have
extensive locally modified files (i.e. uncomitted changes)
will be grateful for it.

        Stefan

PS: I'm talking about the following change in keyboard.c:

revision 1.722
date: 2003/01/31 15:23:57;  author: lektu;  state: Exp;  lines: +133 -133
Cygwin support patch.