Re: java line termination

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java line termination
Date: 02 Feb 2003 18:14:30 -0700

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

rms> The buffer will not be marked as modified right after you visit it;
rms> but conversion will have lost information, so if you proceed to edit
rms> the buffer and save it, the line breaks will be different.

rms> Is that really ok?

It isn't ideal, but I think it is acceptable.
I think mixed-termination buffers end up that way only by mistake anyway.
If I'm editing there, I'll probably want to fix it, and anyway I can
justify the change.

Tom