Re: gratuitous changes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:09:50 -0500

> >     Stefan "about 200 locally modified files"
> PS.  You need a branch about 190 files ago. :)

A sandbox is in many ways a special extra-leightweight branch,
and I do use it that way (I have a couple other sandboxes).

A real branch would have the advantage of making the code available to
other people, but requires more work when merging changes from the
trunk, when committing changes to the trunk and it would be more
difficult to get a meaningful summary of "what's changed w.r.t. the
trunk" which I normally have all the time in my *cvs* buffer.

I guess there is something for CVS, Subversion, MetaCVS, Arch, OpenCM, ...
to learn here, but I'm not sure what,

        Stefan