Re: gratuitous changes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:42:43 -0500

> > I have seen a feature of XEmacs that helps
> > prevent trailing white space: the cursor becomes more narrow when its at the
> > end of a line.  Would it be a good idea for Emacs?

It might be a good idea for another reason: it could help us solve
the problem of "where do we put the cursor when it's at the
end of a line that's exactly the width of the window" (right now, we
put it on the next line, which means that we end up with an empty line
for no other reason than to put the cursor there every other blue moon).

        Stefan