Re: cyrillic-jcuken input method error

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: cyrillic-jcuken input method error
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:20:29 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Alex Ott <address@hidden> writes:
> I compile last version of Emacs from CVS and found, that if i select
> Cyrillic-KOI8 environment it try to use cyrillic-jcuken input method, but
> not find it. Apropos for cyrillic methods say me, that cyrillic-jcuken was
> renamed to cyrillic-jis-russian.

Ah, no, cyrillic-jcuken was renamed to russian-typewritter.
Please see the comments in leim/quail/cyrillic.el.

> i think, that cyrillic-jis-russian must be default input method for
> Cyrillic-KOI8 environment.

I don't think cyrillic-jis-russian is useful in KOI8
environment because cyrillic-jis-russian produces JISX0208
characters (Japanese charset).

I've just fixed leim/quail/cyrillic.el as below to recover
the original behaviour.  Please update your working
directory.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden

2003-02-07  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

        * quail/cyrillic.el: Update quail-package-alist (not
        input-method-alist) to make "cyrillic-jcuken" an alias of
        "russian-typewriter".  Add cookie for quail-update-leim-list-file.