Re: Latest 21.3 CVS and MS Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Latest 21.3 CVS and MS Windows
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:16:40 +0100

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:18:50 +0100, Frank Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Shouldn't this be mentioned in section Building of nt/INSTALL?

As it's already been said, people building from the CVS instead of using
release tarballs should read INSTALL-CVS :)

> I had libjpeg-6b-1 and missed librle.dll (it's not included there).

Yes, I know. Also, the libjpeg from 6b-1 isn't in friendly terms with
libtiff.

> except that libungif-4.1.0b1-lib.zip doesn't include gif_lib.h

I agree, it's a bit absurd not to have a bundle of the .DLLs, the libs
(.lib's and .a's) and the includes... So in order to use the libraries
you must download at least three of the packages :)

> Yes, I had optimization enabled which resulted in a crash whenever I
> tried to display a png or tiff file. If I build without optimization, the
> crashes are gone.

Glad to hear the bug is repeatable on other people's machines :)

> I'll build one more Emacs in a different directory with optimization and
> try to debug where the crash occurs.

Ok.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u