Re: Tramp changelog entries messes up lisp/ChangeLog

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Tramp changelog entries messes up lisp/ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:10:07 -0500

    I noticed that Kai (again) has included a big section of another
    ChangeLog file (for Tramp) into lisp/ChangeLog maintaining the dates
    of the original changelog.  I don't object to keeping those dates, but
    it completely messes up the sequence of entries in the ChangeLog file,
    as illustrated below.

When merging in changes that were made on various dates, the proper
thing to do is to combine and condense the change log entries and
enter them under a single date, which is the date that you installed
all the changes.

Kai, could you do that?

    I'd like to credit Michael with things he has done -- so should I
    make two ChangeLog entries out of this, one for Michael and one for
    me?

That is a good way to do it.