Re: Tramp keep-time broken

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp keep-time broken
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:11:53 +0100

Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using methods pscp under Windows and scp under GNU/Linux. The
> time stamp is not preserved in any of the cases. Unless I read the
> code in tramp.el in a wrong way, time stamp is never preserved when
> copying across machines. It looks to me as a bug.

Ah, I've had a look at the code.  Indeed, it should be invoking scp
in more cases.  For example, when one file is local and the other is
remote, then scp can be invoked directly.  But the code does not do
that; it reads the source file into a buffer and then saves it.

I'll work on it.
--
A turnip curses Elvis