Re: no font shown with tamil.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: no font shown with tamil.el
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:27:30 -0500

    > Would you please show me the license of these fonts?  I can check if
    > it is a free software license.  If these are not free, we cannot use
    > them in Emacs or recommend them to Emacs users.

    > Also, what is ISFOC?  Is it in India?  Can you tell me how to contact
    > the people there?  I am on the way to India now, and if these are not
    > free, I may be able to convince them to make them free.

    Kawabata-san <address@hidden>, please explain about
    these issues.

This is really the crucial information.  If these licenses are free,
then we have no problem.  There is no need to work on replacing them
if they are ok to use.

On the other hand, if these licenses are NOT free, and if ISFOC is in
India, and if I can meet with them while I am here, maybe I can do
some good.

I need the info ASAP, since I am travelling around India and we don't
know which city they are in.