Re: scheme.el bug & fix

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: scheme.el bug & fix
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:37:48 -0500

    Maybe we should make a new macro with-copy-of-syntax-table which does
    copy the table, and change the original macro not to copy.

That macro is not useful enough to be worth adding.
If we change with-syntax-table, people who want a copy
can write explicit code to do the copy--it is easy enough.

In general we don't want to add a function that is a simple
combination of existing functions unless it would be used very often.