Re: Windows port: using Windows' default printer

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Windows port: using Windows' default printer
Date: 20 Feb 2003 23:05:55 +0000

"Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've had a patch lying around for a while, that adds two lisp variables:
> 'w32-default-printer-device' and
> 'w32-printer-name-follows-default-device'.

Thank you. I do still have your original mail in my to-look-at list,
it has not been forgotten completely.

I wonder whether it is really necessary to add two new user variables
to get this functionality.  We already have `printer-name', perhaps
setting it to nil should select the system's default printer, as it
does on other systems. In general we want to avoid introducing new
variables, especially OS specific ones.