Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:11:16 -0500

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 06:55:26PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I think it would be great to also reuse article-mode for editing
> messages.

I think the biggie is message-mode vs. mail-mode -- we really ought to get
rid of one of them (they're _so_ similar, I have no idea why Lars couldn't
have just hacked on mail-mode back whenever to add whatever features he
needed for gnus...).

[I'm a bit annoyed since I recently spent a bunch of time writing clever
header-filling code for message-mode (which is what I use), only to later
discover that mail-mode already had that feature.*  Gah!]

-Miles

* Of course, my version is better.. :-|
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page