tar-mode

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: tar-mode
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:38:33 +0900 (JST)

I changed Subject:.

In article <address@hidden>, "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
writes:
> When tar-mode is called, the current buffer already contains the 24MB
> binary content of the file and it is also the buffer that should
> in the end contain the table of contents, so you need to somehow
> move those 24MB from this buffer to a new one (the "helper" one).

I still don't understand the necessity of the helper buffer.
When tar-mode is called, usually the current buffer is
unibyte, so there's no need of moving the contents to
another buffer.  Instead, it creates a buffer for table of
contents, setup that buffer, then switch to that buffer.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden