Re: Reading sexp problem: Invalid read syntax: "?"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Reading sexp problem: Invalid read syntax: "?"
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:48:22 -0500

    Would it make sense to issue warnings in such cases, saying that that use
of "single space" syntax is not correct, and won't be supported in future
versions of Emacs?

It would make sense to issue such warnings if we can arrange to do it
in a way that is both helpful and not obnoxious.

We could enable these warnings in the compiler only.  Perhaps that
would be sufficiently helpful and nonobnoxious.