Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs (version 2.1, emacs 21.3.50.4) : trying to sav

From: Hans-Peter Binder
Subject: Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs (version 2.1, emacs 21.3.50.4) : trying to save as mac-roman
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:59:43 +0100

* Antoine Gautier <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the instructions, but this seems to be beyond my abilities.
> I do not know what 'pulling down the CVS" means (OK, this is a devel
> list, but I got here trying to learn emacs...). Also, the main reason
> that I want to use it is for tex/latex.
>
> Just a try : I d'loaded emacs-21.1.tar.gz (and emacs-21.2.tar.gz) from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/ and attempted to compile :

Only the CVS Version has support to build on MacOSX.

> I will wait for the next binary to come out, and see what you folks
> say about it.

As Steven have said:
* I would suggest pulling down the CVS, following the directions
* at savannah: See http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs .

It's easy, give it a try, in terminal.app type

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs login
When prompted for a password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

That'all you have to do. After Download you have the CVS-Head in your
Home-Dir ~/emacs to compile.

Enjoy

Regards/Gruesse
Hans-Peter Binder