Re: saveplace prevent me from quitting if ~/.emacs-places is write-prote

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: saveplace prevent me from quitting if ~/.emacs-places is write-protected
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:47:33 -0500

    I have  saveplace enabled, and  I launched Emacs from  another account
    than mine, so, no permission on ~/.emacs-place.

    C-x C-c to  quit, it asks me if I want  to save ~/.emacs-place anyway,
    because it's write protected. I say no, and get this error message

    « basic-save-buffer-2:  Attempt to  save to  a file  which  you aren't
    allowed to write »

Please use M-x toggle-debug-on-error so you can get a backtrace
and send it to us.