Re: support for tty frames from windowed emacs session

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: support for tty frames from windowed emacs session
Date: 09 Mar 2003 22:58:35 +0100

> > From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
> > Date: 09 Mar 2003 16:52:11 +0100
> >
> > So it mostly boils down to supporting both windowing and non-windowing
> > frames at the same time.
>
> Yes.  IIRC, currently we have lots of code that assumes all frames
> are of the same type.

It seems that a major obstacle is that `window-system' (and similar)
is a variable rather than a function taking a frame as argument.

We might be able to tweak it at the C level so that reading
window-system reflects the window-system of the selected frame, but
that may not be sufficient.

How does Xemacs solve this?