Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)
Date: 10 Mar 2003 10:46:59 +0900

stktrc <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't know.  Probably not.  Though I find mail-modes simplicity
> appealing.  mail-mode loaded from mail/sendmail.el has ~1700 lines and
> message-mode from gnus/message.el has ~4700 lines.  But then again,
> maybe the 3000 extra lines are all good stuff, I wouldn't know.

Hmmm, even if there are many great features, 3000 lines seems like a
lot, given the apparent similarity of the two modes (perhaps I'm a naive
user, but aside from the MIME stuff, I never noticed much difference)!

I wonder if porting the extra features in message-mode back to mail-mode
could be a good chance to clean up whatever bloat has crept into
message-mode as well -- or even better, split off some of the
functionality into separate packages...

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!