Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation and some questions.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation and some questions.
Date: 11 Mar 2003 02:04:21 +0100

Andrew Choi <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > Also on MAC, there are quite a number of TODO items, meaning that some
> > section of more-or-less unmodified X or W32 code is commented out with
> > #if 0...  #endif.  In the cases where the code is to be "consolidated",
> > I would prefer to leave a TODO note in the mac* file and simply delete
> > the code from the file.  Then in the consolidated code file, I will
> > put a #ifndef MAC_OS around the consolidated code to indicate that it
> > is not used on MAC_OS (yet).   Is that an acceptable approach?
>
> Please consider using HAVE_CARBON instead of MAC_OS: some people compile
> Emacs to run under X Window on Mac OS X.

I don't understand the difference between those names -- are you saying
that we should in general use HAVE_CARBON rather than MAC_OS throughout?

For the windows port, there are two defines:  WINDOWSNT and HAVE_NTGUI.
The first specifies that we are on a W32 platform, the other that we
are compiling for the W32 GUI.

Are MAC_OS and HAVE_CARBON the Mac equivalent of those?