Re: Customize Rogue

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:41:25 +0100

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:07:40 -0500, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> I think clearly, the problem is in the way those modules
> use customize.

I agree, but...

> [...] I think we should
> instead encourage people to avoid :set or at least use very
> simple :set expressions [...]

...I think that's difficult to enforce.

> PS: How about we add `write-watchers' to variables ?  These would be
>     hooks that get called when a specific variable is `setq'd.

IIRC, hooks to be called when a variable is called where proposed
several times and rejected by Richard on the grounds that setting a
variable should be clearly different from calling a subroutine. I wonder
where does defcustom's :set enters the picture... :)

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u