Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation and some questions.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation and some questions.
Date: 12 Mar 2003 13:44:35 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > Ah well, I guess I'll have to toss out my face pixmaps patch (allow
> > images as face background) since there's no way it's going to survive
> > something like this, and there's no way I can commit it...
>
> How 'bout committing it to a branch at least, for posterity ?

I think even that would require a fair bit of work (I haven't bothered
to keep it updated), but the main annoyance for me is that there are
_two_ versions, one of which works fairly well, but is lacking features,
and one which adds the features I want (which are necessary, I think, to
satisfy the `transparent background' crowd), but doesn't work (the two
patches even use different lisp-visible interfaces, which adds to the
fun).

All in all it's rather a mess; I should have maintained it as a branch
all along (which may have eased the pain of CVS enough so that I would
have actually finished it!), but I didn't really appreciate branches
until you clued me in (with the lex-binding stuff).

-Miles
--
自らを空にして、心を開く時、道は開かれる