Re: Customize Rogue

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:50:33 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> See utf-fragment-on-decoding for an extreme example.  It has a huge and
> complicated :set function, and no way to do the same thing outside
> customize.

And how does that rely on the 'saved-value' property?

Luc's 'set-activate' function obeys the 'custom-set' property which is
what :set specifes.  The example I answered manually set the
'saved-value' property which is what customize uses to remind itself
to save the value in .emacs.

Emacs check the 'saved-value' property specifically for
inhibit-startup-echo-area-message to ensure that the variable was
changed by the user, not by a system administrator.