Re: BUG: which-func-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: BUG: which-func-mode
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:46:19 -0500

> I see two choices: either document that select-window can change the
> buffer list order and that save-selected-window does not protect
> against that, or else change save-selected-window to save and restore
> the buffer list order.  I think the former is better.

I don't necessarily like the latter, but the former doesn't solve the
problem of "how do I temporarily select another window while preventing
buffer-list from being changed?".

I think that it would be better if select-window did not change
the buffer-list.  Why does it do it in the first place ?
It seems it should be the job of things like switch-to-buffer
and other-window.

        Stefan