Re: Customize Rogue

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:02:20 -0600 (CST)

   Yes, but how would the automated tool do this?  Once the
   custom-set-variables list is broken up into custom-setq's (or
   set-activates?), they could be put anywhere.

I downloaded initsplit.el.  I did not really read through the code.
But does initsplit-customizations-alist not tell initsplit.el where
everything is supposed to be?  If the user tries to fool the automated
tool, the automated tool looses, no doubt about that.  Now initsplit
somehow has to tell this to Custom through advice, hooks, whatever.  I
am not interested in personally writing such a tool, but it does not
seem theoretically impossible.  Whether it is easy is another matter.

Sincerely,

Luc.